Tuesday 31 July 2007

Fascinating

Apparently this blog was linked at Alas some time ago and then the post was deleted or removed. At least according to Technorati:

Exploring Feminism In Relation to BDSM, Part 1: Control Without Consent

1 day ago in Alas, a blog · Authority: 757

I believe Myca is correct. Neither of these two men is practicing good BDSM as I seem to be encountering it when I talk to friendly, enthusiastic, healthy practitioners, or when I read blogs like this one, which has some exceptional writing: Let Them Eat Pro-SM Feminist Safe Spaces

The link no longer works. Did anyone see the post when it was actually up?

Thanks, whomever, for the compliment!

8 comments:

Myca said...

Hm, probably Mandolin. She and I have been discussing BDSM issues and some of her personal and philosophical reservations for a little while, and it sounds like she decided to write a post about it.

As for why it's gone? Couldn't tell you, but I hope it comes back.

Trinity said...

Me too!

belledame222 said...

i thought it was actually Barry. but anyway, yeah, wish they'd put it back. i suppose they figure they've got enough on their plate already; then again, may as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb...

Trinity said...

Yeah. I do too. Or at least that the person would comment here (anony is fine if sie just doesn't want flameage) because I so want to know what sie said! :)

belledame222 said...

google cache doesn't have it?

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry about that. The post is mine.

I wrote the post recently at the same time as I was working on a post about transphobia. I published them both, and then the blog owner (Barry) suggested that it might be better to publish them a couple days apart.

I've now promised a couple more posts on trans issues, which I want to put up before I get back to BDSM -- just to keep the conversation about radfem theory on trans issues on track. I often write slowly, so I haven't gotten those posts up yet.

The BDSM post should be back in a week or two. I hope it's interesting. To give up a bit of the content, it's about nonconsual control being fetishized in mainstream contexts and the anxiety over that being projected onto BDSM fetishists (something I consider myself to be/have been guilty of doing).

Trinity said...

"The BDSM post should be back in a week or two. I hope it's interesting. To give up a bit of the content, it's about nonconsual control being fetishized in mainstream contexts and the anxiety over that being projected onto BDSM fetishists (something I consider myself to be/have been guilty of doing)."

That sounds utterly fantastic!

muebles barcelona baratos said...

The chap is absolutely just, and there is no question.